The Seven Things is starting to take off in the blogosphere so thought I would do my bit…
So, here’s seven weird and wonderful things about yours truly;
- My first computer program was in BASIC on a ZX Spectrum, stored to secondary memory on cassette tape (yikes!). It was basically a menu selection program which invoked different subroutines based on menu choice. Yep, essentially a case() statement…
- My first job out of high school was as a copy typist, a skill which comes in handy as a programmer / IT person
- I had no hair until I was two years old (true!!!) and my nickname was Hare Krishna…
- My favourite food is spaghetti bolognese
- I can swim 3kms without stopping
- My favourite authors are Paulo Coelho and Jostein Gaarder, oh and William Gibson and Neal Stephenson too!
- I hold two degrees – a BSc majoring in Information Systems and a BA with majors in Indonesian language and security studies.
The duly tagged:
Donna Benjamin: For being open, creative, collaborative and all of the other things that makes Open Source a great field to work in.
Pia Waugh: For rejecting societal norms, stating that the world can be a better place, and then making it happen.
Lorna Jane Mitchell: A fellow knitter, and inventor of the PHPWomen-branded elePHPant.
KaityGB: For showing us that no matter what we’re faced with, there’s always a way to create, dream and achieve
Meg Sawyer: For being herself
Ainslee Hooper: For correctly identifying bullshit.
And here are the rules:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post—some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.