The inaugural StixCamp was held at Newstead, central Victoria in March 2009. Based on the success of this event, it will be run again over the ANZAC day long weekend, 24-26th April, with thanks to our hosts Ron and Julia from Welshmens Reef Vineyard. The feedback from the last event suggested that we needed to get the word out about the event a lot earlier – so we’re trying to spread the word! In case you’re in doubt about how awesome StixCamp was, you can check out some of these great photos 🙂
If we can better promote StixCamp Newstead 2010 then we’d love to hear from you! Just let us know at
organisers at barcampmelbourne dot org
(In case you didn’t know, StixCamp is run in BarCamp style and was started by the crew who’ve helped put together BarCampMelbourne)
In particular, we’d love to know;
- Where would you expect to hear about this event?
- What mailing lists are you already on?
- What user groups are you a member of?
- Where did you hear about your first BarCamp Melbourne or StixCamp?
- If you work for an IT organisation or study at a university, what’ s the best way for us to spread the word?
We’d warmly welcome any other ideas you might have, and if you’d like to get involved, just send a blank email to;
You can also follow us @StixCampVicAu on Twitter/Identi.ca or @BarCampMelb for more information.
[…] Posting tweet… « Spread the word – StixCampNewstead to be held ANZAC Day weekend, 24-26 April 2010 […]
Comments are closed.